6 Best Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
Women are very much prone to developing the stretch marks. This is because the moment they reach puberty lots of bodily changes they have to encounter. Their body mass also varies with time and they are the ones susceptible to frequently changing body weight. They also undergo pregnancy which is a whole new level of growing belly and then suddenly losing it after childbirth; obviously the stretched tummy would result in cracks and marks. Stretch marks are awful. These are supposed to get erased with time but the reality says entirely different story. These marks never seem to vanish. There are many creams and lotions in the market but one holds no clue about their genuineness. Instead of spending huge amount of money and not getting positive results one may try out some home remedies; at least they won’t bother of bucks, whether or not they get the results. One has to be regular as instructed and they are assured of minimizing the marks so that these don’t easily seen.
1. Water – Drink water in plenty to stay hydrated throughout the day. When we have enough of water inside our body it is surely distributed throughout, including the skin.
2. Aloe Vera – Take out the gel from the aloe vera leaf and apply it directly onto the skin. Let it dry and wash with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily for at least a month to get good results.
3. Oil – Apply and gently massage the affected skin using Olive oil or Castor oil. Olive oil is rich in anti-oxidants and is well known for healing many kinds of skin ailments. Warm it, apply it and massage to elevate the blood circulation. It will subside with time. Castor oil is known to be excellent for treating all kinds of marks and hence one needs to directly apply that over the stretch marks and massage for 15 minutes in circular motion; now cover them with cotton cloth and put a cotton pad or warm water bottle. Do this for at least two weeks on daily basis.
4. Lemon juice – Take out some appropriate amount of lemon juice and massage with it directly on the affected area for 10 minutes. Massage in circular motion and then wash with warm water. You may add cucumber juice with lemon juice as well and follow the same instructions.
5. Egg whites – Take 2 eggs and separate its white part. Now whisk the egg whites well. Apply this liquid over the skin using a brush and leave till it gets dried out. Now clean thoroughly with the help of cold water and pat dry. Now moisturize the skin with olive oil. Do this daily.
6. Vitamin K – Consume food stuffs rich in Vitamin K. All green vegetables like spring onions, cabbage, pickled cucumber, etc contain K vitamins.
Always keep your skin well moisturized using some herbal creams, lotions and oils. If you are pregnant you must maintain the moisture right from the first trimester. But in that case you must take advice from your gynecologist to ensure certain products don’t harm you and your baby.
It is impossible to completely erase the old marks just like acne scars. One doesn’t get a quality skin exactly like they were babies. We grow old and that is the truth. We simply can enhance our looks and slow down the process of aging but one must not expect that the result would be like the issue never existed before.